January 22, 2011

Everday

21/365



I drive by this scene almost everyday on my way home from work. On one hand, it's always the same. The same field and fence post lined driveway. The same modest home. And the same trees reaching towards the sky, its branches sprawling into the sunset. Somehow though it always looks different—variations in the time and weather My mood. Without a conscious effort I always look.

This photo project has made me more conscious of a few of these places. Particular scenes that no matter what are beautiful everyday. They seem to be the hardest to photograph because no single picture, from a single day, can do it justice.

These scenes are like a good friends. No single event or story does a good friend justice. Its the sum of the parts that makes the best friends. Always there, but never in the same exact way.

2 comments:

  1. beautiful photo. beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just posting to let you know I'm still checking in/reading daily. Love this photo. Also really empathize w/ the language. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete