February 13, 2011

Oh-So-Close

43/365

Stacey and I (plus the doggys) headed into the mountains yesterday for what was mostly a driving tour. She wanted some context to the places I talk so much about, and since the news of Madison getting back underway late next month, I had to make sure the mountains were still there. 

They are (click).

We stopped at AMC headquarters in Pinkham Notch and headed into the Construction Crew Office. At first it looked deserted but Jeremiah was on facebook working hard in front of one of the two computers. He was was head of the crew opposite mine, affectionately known as the B-Team, and a character (everyone at the AMC is a character) that has grown on me a great deal. 

We headed over to the AMC trading post and sat down for some coffee. It was lunch time for employees and familiar faces began to stream in. I felt like I had never left, which seems to be the norm once your associated with the Club. 

We eventually made our way to Appalachia and headed up the Valley Way trail towards the Madison Hut. We had no intention of going the whole four miles, but did stroll up the trail a bit to within 2.9 miles of job site.

South on 302 and through Crawford Notch (click) completed the tour and we headed to the Moat for a beer and dinner. It tasted good at the time, but my stomach didn't agree. By 9:30 last night my innards had pressed the evacuate button... I'll spare you the rest of the details for once.  



No comments:

Post a Comment