February 14, 2011

Spilled (or Spilt?)

44/365

Yesterday was one of those days. I woke up still sick. It felt like an awful hangover, but wasn't.  Not a headache, my head just ached. If I moved too fast, I had to sit and once I sat, I had to lay.

Then came the spills. Espresso knocked over my iced tea in the bedroom. I kicked my ice tea off the coffee table in the living room. Carrying my growler of beer from the Moat (their food the source of my sickness, I think), I slipped on the ice in my driveway, knocking the the cap off the growler and sending $16 worth of brew soaking into the snow and ice. I think there were more blunders, but I lost track.

Stacey followed me around with some rags and a spray bottle of resolve carpet cleaner. That, and a tray of ice cubes and mango ice tea mix to make me more spill-mmunition.

Today is better though, but I called out from work, still feeling a bit weak due to my diet of Ice Tea (I'd drink half a glass, spill the rest and repeat), and Rice Chex. I woke up this morning feeling better and pounded two homemade Pumpkin Whoopie Pies courtesy of my Mom, which clearly set my stomach back about 12-hours.

Onward though. We're headed to the Banff Mountain Film Festival World Tour in South Portland tonight. Full review tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment