February 11, 2011

Roof Capped

41/365

When your job isn't the greatest, all you can do is take pride in your work. That's what I've been falling back on. 

Monday I ripped the all the south-facing roofing off this house, a 34'x18' section of near-flat roof and a 34'x16' semi-steep section. Over 1,100 sq. feet of roofing torn off in the middle of winter. Tuesday I worked alone redid all the metal flashing in leak-prone areas. Wednesday a helper and I rolled out roofing on the flat section and yesterday we did all the shingling on the steep portion. 

The roofs done without a drop of water coming inside. Let's hope it stays that way. It wasn't quite the same as nailing wood shingles on the roof of Madison, but what is...

A side note: this is my first photo-of-the-day not taken on my digital SLR. This one was from my phone. It does a decent job. Click here to see my favorite phone photo. I slept in my truck along a dirt road in Randolph, N.H. so I could get an early start heading up to Madison. I rolled out of the bed, started my engine and snapped the shot on my way to the trailhead. 


No comments:

Post a Comment