February 22, 2011

Mr. Reliable

Most days, taking my daily picture is easy. I like paying attention to my surroundings, the scenes of daily life, whether I'm holding my camera or not. Raising the lens and pressing the shutter is a minimal step. Loading the pictures, tweaking them on photoshop and rambling about them here are a nice routine when relaxing at night or with my coffee in the morning.

There are a few days though, that the whole process isn't as easy. The scenes aren't there, not even the symbolically depressing ones—those take effort too.  These are survival-mode days. Eating three meals, using the toilet and surviving 24 hours is a victory, albeit not one you feel much like celebrating. Taking a picture, loading it, photoshoping and writing a blog feels like an impossibly difficult and unnecessary task akin to playing a pickup game of basketball while trying to survive a trek across the Sahara. Impossibly unnecessary.

I haven't taken my daily picture yet today. As I am writing this, I have no idea what the photo above is going to be. Maybe I'll post it down below. That's a good idea. It's fitting. Chronological order.

The last thing I want to do right now is find my camera, think of a subject and snap a photo. It feels forced... but... here we go.

53/365

And there you have it. Mr. Reliable.

No comments:

Post a Comment