February 26, 2011

Manual Focus

56/365

She's tough to figure out. Most of them are. Another one of those intimate things in life my camera can't capture. My words don't do that much better.  Growing pains. but things are better now, and in the end, we are better for it. I appreciate her more. 

You spend a lot of time trying to figure each other out. Blending the pasts that have made you who you are.  Gently trying to figure out what makes the other tick. And ticked off. I spend a lot of time trying to figure people out and I've slowly learned through life to spend more time accepting, loving, people for who they are. 

For example, on a lighter note: I no longer determine when I wake up and get out of bed in the morning. Her bladder does that now. 5:30 a.m. She has to pee. I'm still 7/8ths asleep, enjoying that morning comfort of semiconscious warmth and blankets. You know you're sleeping and you savor it. That feeling that makes it so hard to get out of bed. Or at least it used to. 

WHOOSH! Off with the covers. I mean, how can she get up to go pee without throwing the covers off like she's stripping the bed for laundry. She stomps into the bathroom and back. Is she getting back into bed? Please. No. Don't get back into bed! I get hit upside the head with a pillow. She has to adjust the pillows. Pillow-fight style. 

She's back. Wait, no she's not. She forgot to get water. Repeat the process. Covers off. Stomp. Water. Stomp. Pillow fight. 

She's back. No she's not. Covers off. Stomp. Turns the heat up. Stomp. Pillow fight. 

Back? Nope. Covers off. Stomp. Let the dogs out. Stomp. Pillow fight. 

Covers off. Stomp. Let the dogs in. Pillow fight. 

Okay! ENOUGH! I'm up. It's like a snooze button with nice legs and morning breath. Time to start the day. 



2 comments:

  1. Keith don't be such a "slug" in the morning. I will need to let the "otherside" defend herself some time......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Defend herself? This morning she wanted to separate the dogs while they ate so I woke up to Charlotte inhaling her kibbles at 6:00 a.m. She's lucky they are both pretty cute. Thanks for commenting Dad!

    ReplyDelete