January 10, 2011

Action Shot

9/365




Lately I haven't gotten many chances to take pictures in daylight. When I am not working it's dark. This morning I wanted to take advantage of the bright sun and fresh dusting of snow, so I brought my camera on Espresso and I's Sunday morning walk around the fields behind the house. I was determined to get an action shot.

It was morning though, and he wasn't in the mood for action. He'd plod along in the snow. Sniff. Pee (action shot?!). Wander here, meander over there. Yawn. I'd throw a stick. Nothing. I'd let him get far away and ask if he wanted a treat, but still nothing. I tried all the old tricks, but no luck. He's wise in his older age. No action.

I knew what it was going to take, but it was cold and that was uncertain. I didn't feel like waiting and began walking to my door, giving up. The photo of him yawning would have to do. I call for Espresso, but he is still way in the back of the yard, sniffing around in circles.

He begins to squat. Jackpot! I flick on my camera, take my position and check the settings. He finishes his business, leaving a steaming pile somewhere out back, and lick clockwork comes sprinting towards me, a huge smile, ready to start his day.

*Click*

Action shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment