March 11, 2011

Into The Fog

71/365

I tend to be anxious amongst change.  Jobs, relationships, homes, they've come and gone. When it's time to move on, you know. It's the new beginnings that make me anxious. But what am I so worried about? The ends? You'd think I'd be used to them by now. 

I knew it was time to leave my old carpentry job. I didn't care anymore. I still took pride in my work, but I didn't take pride in my job. In the end, walking away was easy. "Do you have anything to say?" said the firer to the firee with a smirk, seemingly looking for a fight after handing me my last check. I, however, had no need to further justify my decisions. "Thank you for all the work," I said.

I sent a text saying I had been fired at 8:10 a.m. I received a text the next day at 3:36 p.m. saying a check, the one to buy the materials to start my next carpentry project, was in the mail. That's 31 hours and 26 minutes, probably a few seconds too, between losing the promise of one paycheck and regaining the certainty of another. 

I was never that worried. 

Now I am. And I need to get over it..

The path I am currently on will have obstacles, it might even end, but I've always managed to move onward. 

A few more pictures I liked today: This Old Dam and The Crossing Guard.

1 comment: