March 16, 2011

Distracted Driver


75/365

Taking a picture a day has changed how I drive and not for the better. Everywhere I drive, I see photos to take. If I stopped for all of them, I'd get nowhere fast rear ended, and shooting while driving makes the pictures blurry is too dangerous. 

I-295 in Portland is my nemesis. Everyday I get the urge to stop on Tukey's Bridge to snap a picture of the old, perpetually open train bridge at the entrance to Back Bay. The way it reflects off the water during sunrise with the islands of Casco Bay in the background. The light is perfect during the morning rush, but being the highway, and a bridge with four lanes in each direction and no shoulder, stopping would be frowned upon. Google image hasn't even been able to get a picture of the bridge, I checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment