March 24, 2011

Phantom Ladder — Blog Update

83/365

Which way is up?

Working in the snow apparently, Alex and I will finish residing the back of Pete's barn today. I'll have before-and-after pictures once (if) the sun comes back out. 

Tomorrow I'll start packing for Madison, again. I'll be down every weekend, so if I forget a thing or two, it isn't a big deal, but Id rather have it brought up on the helicopter than on my back hiking in snowshoes. I have two new batteries, a new bag and an 8GB memory card ordered for my camera, so I should be set  to continue taking pictures up on the mountain. 

So how am I going to do a daily photo blog while on top of a mountain? Magic. 

Actually, here's the plan: I am going to delay things a week. I can schedule posts, writing them on the weekend and setting them to pop up on here at set times. Next week I will not have any photos of the day. I will have some posts up, maybe some "Best of" bits linking to my favorite photos and writings from the first three months. Or perhaps a few of my favorite pictures that weren't photos of the day. The following week I will start posting the photos from the week prior. So a week from Monday will be my post from the Monday before, and so on throughout the week. Make sense? 

I'll also reorganize the blog a bit, putting more posts on the front page, so if you miss a a day you just need to scroll down. I'll also use Twitter (yes, Twitttttttter) more frequently because I can post updates quick and easy via text on my cell phone, i.e. "Clear weather today, airlifting... photos next week." Super interesting stuff like that. I'll give more instructions on that before I head up.

Hopefully I'll be bringing back some worthy photos and stories. This week has been pretty boring for me to blog. Living and working in the same place puts a limit on things. 

Antarctica interview today!


No comments:

Post a Comment